Monday, February 18, 2013

WAHHH!

Okay, so I know my first post at the new blog should not necessarily be a sappy, mom one; but I'm in charge and it's all I've been thinking about lately!

My baby boy will be one in about two weeks! My birthday is in 10 days (like I care right now!), so that means Liam's is in 17! :(  It's the same old song and dance, seems like just yesterday we brought the Lil Nut home from the hospital, BUT IT REALLY DOES!

The main thing I have been doing is trying to spend every waking moment with him! Kyle and I watched Courageous last night (good movie, religious or not), and it really got me thinking. How many hours in Liam's short life did I give up to doing other things. Laundry, cleaning, homework, hobbies, sleeping...the list could go on and on. I know there is no such thing as the perfect mom, and if there was, I'd be far from it, but I always try to go above and beyond.  Some days I think, I'm a good mom, and some days, I really question it.  I guess worrying about it answers my questions, but....

As moms, we're only human, but we also sometimes know, instead of going through so & so's entire facebook for the fifteenth time, sit down with your tiny tot & play a game.  My son loves being independent, but sometimes he is screaming (sometimes literally) for just a smile or a hug. He's only human too.

So in honor of my soon to be toddler *sigh* hug your tots tight, and give them all ya got. I want to be that parent that my child gets excited about seeing when they come home, not the one they always feel they need to please to get love & attention.  So take a break from yourself, and really be with the person who adores you more than your 200 followers on twitter.

To close with a quote from the movie: You can't fall asleep at the wheel, only to wake up one day and realize that your job or your hobbies have no eternal value, but the souls of your children do.




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment